1st Judicial District
801 Main St.
Rosedale, MS 38769
2nd Judicial District
200 S. Court St.
Cleveland, MS 38732
1. How do I register to vote for an election?
- You may register to vote either by mail or by visiting the Circuit Clerk's office. It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number. The minimum voting age is 18. You must be register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election. You may also register to vote when applying for or renewing your driver's license, or when applying for services at numerous state and federal government agencies. A fillable pdf version of the form can be found here. Once your voter registration application has been processed in the Circuit Clerk's Office, you will be mailed a voter registration card which will give your voting precinct, precinct location address, Supervisor's District number, and Congressional District number.
2. How do I vote absentee for an upcoming election?
- You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail or you can visit the Circuit Clerk's office.
3. How do I qualify as a candidate in an upcoming election?
-Contact the Circuit Clerk's office.
4. How do I find out where to vote in an election?
- Click here for voting precincts.
5. How do I find the most recent election results?
-Election results are loaded after they are certified by the election commission. Click here to see results
Eligible Absentee Voters include any duly qualified and registered elector who will be absent from their county of residence on Election Day or any of the following individuals who may not be present on Election Day:
- Any enlisted or commissioned members of the US armed forces who are citizens of Mississippi.
- Any member of the Merchant Marine or American Red Cross who is a citizen of Mississippi.
- Any disabled war veteran who is a patient in any hospital, who is a citizen of Mississippi.
- Any civilian attached to and serving outside of the US with any branch of the - Armed Forces or with the Merchant Marine or American Red Cross, who is a citizen of Mississippi.
- Any citizen of Mississippi temporarily residing outside the territorial limits of the US and the District of Columbia.
- An employee engaged in interstate transportation required to be away from his or her county of residence on Election Day due to employment.
- An employee, businessperson, professional, tradesman or worker required being over 50 miles away from the county of residence on Election Day due to employment.
- Anyone with a temporary or permanent physical disability.
- Anyone 65 years of age or older.
- A parent, spouse or dependent staying with a hospitalized person with a temporary or permanent disability and is 50 miles or more away from his or her county of residence on Election Day.
- A member of a congressional delegation required to be over 50 miles away from his or her county of residence on Election Day.
You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail or you can visit the Circuit Clerk's office.